North Eastern Steam Search Engine

Custom Search

Tuesday, 21 July 2009

All engines need coal in their tenders don't they!

My two Peppercorn A1s have currently had coal added to their tenders. This was my first attempt at such a thing, but I must say, it certainly improves the appearance.

Firstly, we have open coal fires, so I used a hammer on some coal. I then added some diluted PVA into the empty tender, and brushed it around the inside. Then added the coal.

Finally I coated the coal in the tender with diluted PVA. Do be careful though as I noticed my tender was leaking alot of PVA!

I have also be improving the weathering on my locos.

LADAS has been fully weathered too, my new single chimney A3.

and.... keep an eye out, a new Peppercorn A1 may be seen very soon........ Aynone fancy some FOXHUNTING.......